Lisa and Gustavo

Lisa and Gustavo

Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Chosen

This past weekend we celebrated your third anniversary of your official adoption day, otherwise known as “Gotcha Day”. This whole journey has been a great reminder of how good the Lord is.

I shared last Saturday night with you, our family, and friends at the Honduran restaurant that God, by His mercy, gives us tangible, real world examples to show us deep spiritual truths that gives us a glimpse of how great the love of our heavenly Father is. For example, marriage is but a picture of the mystery of Christ’s love for the Church. We have families that help us better understand God’s love for his children. And adoption is another wonderful picture of how we, spiritually orphaned people, are adopted into His family.


Last week we read John 15 together. In this passage, Jesus says, “You did not choose me, but I chose you.” When I think of how God lead us to “choose” you, I am reminded how He “chose” us. So even though the world will know April 1st as April Fool’s Day, we will always be reminded that the wonderful celebration of  your “Gotcha Day” is a reminder that it was God who graciously chose us.



No comments:

Post a Comment