Gustavo,
This is a song we've been singing together since I was really little:
It’s a great day to be a Kersey,That's the Kersey Song. I can remember walks we used to take around the neighborhood, yelling it together. We would chant it on bike rides and on road trips. It is a song we want to teach you—not because the song is anything special, but knowing it is just a little part of what it means to be a Kersey. Because when you are a Kersey you are part of a family. You have a mama, a papa, a brother, and sisters—people who love you no matter what, people who laugh with you and cry with you, people who continue to remind you of Truth, people who will always be your close friends.
It’s a great day, I know
It’s a great day to be a Kersey,
Everywhere I go, o-o-o
Goodbye no never
Goodbye doubt and fear
It’s a great day to be a Kersey
And be of good cheer!
Great day for moving a long
Great day for singing a song
Great day cause Jesus is right
Mornin’, noon, and night!
(Mama’s “I Feel Good” addendum)
I feel good, na na na na na
So good, bomp, bomp
So good bomp, bomp
I got you!
Hey!
We certainly aren't perfect. We have lots of quirks and lots to learn. We are going to make a lot of mistakes. But we have been loved so much by our Father, our desire is to love you and teach you of this love. And we hope you will love us too—through the good and bad.
For seven and a half years we have been praying for you. We have been praying for your protection, health, and growth until you can come home. Its been a very very long time that we have been looking forward to the day you will join our family. Many months passed and we didn't know if that day would ever come. But it is! The day is so soon when our whole family will be together.
It reminds me of a day we still look forward to: the day the family of God will be all together. And just like when you come home there will be much rejoicing, so will there be on that day.
No comments:
Post a Comment