Dear Gustavo,
We are flying down to Honduras to finally meet you. I say, “finally,” meaning there’s been a story that started years before we even found out about you this summer.
(Note: I should preface that I realize it may be several years before you ever read this as I assume it will take that long before you understand English well enough which will be faster than me learning Spanish well enough to write in your native language.)
As I reflect on this journey (not the physical one we are taking at the moment but the journey of adoption we started years ago), I wanted to at least chronical some of out thoughts and the events that you might see how God has lead us to you.
First, I believe you should know why we even decided to begin this pursuit. There is not one single reason but several.
- This seed of adoption began as long as your mother has been alive as she, too, was adopted.
- After several trips to Honduras to see the poverty of your country, our hearts has been touched by the needs there, especially those of the children.
- Seeing many friends who have sacrificed to give a family and home for orphans has been profound, a great inspiration.
- Since your mother and I first met, we have always talked about having five children. We have four and have lost three to miscarriages.
- The greatest influence on our hearts has been the continual reminder of the Gospel, that we were all fatherless in the world and for those in Christ, we have been adopted into the Lord’s family (Romans 8)
No comments:
Post a Comment