This morning you woke me up a little earlier than usual. Yes, 4:00 am in any culture is just plain early!
After putting you right back to bed, I tried to go back to sleep but was unable as I was thinking about the meeting with our lawyer, Marta, the previous day. She mentioned that she had been unsuccessful in encouraging some key people in getting the next document completed before processing your new birth certificate.
| "Very good," is your typical response to homemade apple juice paletas. |
As I was praying (well before sunrise that is) for this document to be completed, I considered the fact that if this did not happen, we would be forced to wait some more. Then my mind wandered to consider the word in Spanish for "waiting" or "to wait" which is "esperar". This word is eerily similar to "esperanza" which is Spanish for "hope". (We're familiar with "esperar" because you tend to call to us as we walk down the stairs by saying "Wait for me" or "espérame" or when we have to tell you at mealtime, "Espere haste con oramos" or "Wait until we pray".)
The connection struck me that this entire adoption journey for us has been about waiting, but not without hope . . . because we know with Whom we have hope and that you are well worth the wait.
No comments:
Post a Comment