May 1st in Honduras, it is Worker Day...and no one is working. In the government offices, therefore, there is another delay to get your new birth certificate and passport which then made us move our first of two appointments with the U.S. Embassy until Monday, May 5th. In the United States, May 1st is the National Day of Prayer...and I've been praying a lot lately. This is what I have prayed:
| Anyone need their clothes washed? |
- To love you, Gustavo, unconditionally, even when you wake me at 5AM (which you did today).
- For the three of us to travel back to Nashville together instead of me alone next Friday. ( I have to be back for a Sonlight Convention May 15th and haven't prepped for it at all.)
- For things to be not lost in translation because "clothes" sounds like "closed" or "mouth" sounds a lot like "mouse". I have to speak sentences with just nouns since I know more Spanish nouns than verbs.
- And for you to understand that "no" means "no" because you don't like being told, "No" and resort to some difficult behavior that puts me on my knees.
- But I am also thankful that you are like a sponge and are working hard during "Esquela de Mama," on your alphabet, numbers, colors, shapes and songs.
- Thankful that we have lots some fun play time!! Making airplanes, bowling, play-dough, painting, washing clothes (all those bubbles), ping pong, and mucho stickers. This week I bought a way-too-advanced helicopter Lego set with very small pieces. You were not interested in it at all but the big hit this week was a package of blue balloons. You went crazy and its been hours of fun!!
- Thankful that our frequent flyer miles are going to pay for our flights back home because we have spent more money than we expected.
| Overlooking the beautiful village of Esperanza |
As I long for us to be home again ("home again bobidy bupe"), I know that we will look back on this adventure with a thankful heart for the people we have met and the growth that we have all experienced.
Love Mama
Jason Axt and I prayed several times for the "govt. situation;" for both countries' systems, this morning on our pr in PWP. We lifted you and your family here and there to be safe. I have been praying. One of the blessings of this extended time y'all share there is that no other Kersey kid has had this type of uninterrupted parental attention and focused loved (except for Megan as first-born, but she was an infant, so...). I just know this time will pay off later when y'all are back here in TN; his trust and security with you two will be invaluable as he assimilates. I hate that you all missed so much here though. Well, gotta go, but much love from me, Barb, and the Banks girls.
ReplyDeleteThank you, Rocky.
ReplyDelete