Lisa and Gustavo

Lisa and Gustavo

Saturday, May 3, 2014

Love from Home

Dear Gustavo,

I know I can speak for all of your siblings by saying that we really want to be in Honduras with you, Mama, and Papa. But because we aren't able to be there, we are always so excited to talk to you over Skype, see pictures and videos, and discuss about what our lives will look like when you are home. I want you to know that you are loved from so many miles away (1528, to be exact)! Even though I do not even know you that well, The Lord has already given me a love for you that can't be described though words, hugs, or actions.

I must admit, these past six weeks have been the most challenging thing I've ever experienced. There are long days of many things to do, frustrating problems, not enough time, not enough sleep, and so much fear. I am drained each day because it's hard living my own life along with managing a household. But my weakness has only turned me to calling after our Almighty Father. I have been in prayer these past six weeks more than ever. It is when we are at our lowest that Christ is the Highest. Not to say that I appreciate the pain and frustration, but God is teaching me that He is so strong. And I want you to know about His strength. I pray for you all the time, about you adjustment back home, your friendships that you'll make, who you will grow up to be...but I beg the Lord to capture your heart and call you His son. I want you to believe in His Grace and know that although we are adopting you here on earth, The Lord adopted you before the dawn of time. We will love you and cherish you and hold you and keep you, but this lacks so much in comparison to His love that he already has for you.

I love that you and I share a few similar qualities like being a little OCD, having the love language of physical touch, doing things with our hands, singing songs, drinking water all day long, and making silly noises. It makes my heart ache that you aren't home yet. But remember, our Father is strong. And He will deliver you home.

xoxo,
Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment